We seek a motivated and organized individual who cares about exceptional interactive design. Our ideal candidate is a gifted visual designer who is passionate about best practices and creating digital experiences that are as intuitive to navigate as they are fresh.
As we are an intentionally small team, your personality is just as important as your skillset. The culture here responds best to humble, kind-hearted, talented people who are mindful of protecting a positive atmosphere and who like collaborating with clients and one another.
Our work encompasses brand development, web design and development, and brand and content strategy. Our clients span across diverse verticals — nonprofits, tech, arts, education, consumer products, and retail. The ideal candidate will have an interest in brand design, and is a crack visual designer with a focus on digital work—interested in UX/UI, but not focused on it.
- Maintain studio’s high design standard in the digital realm by creating information architecture and user interface design in a wide range of end products, from single page sites to full e-commerce solutions.
- Deliver on project scope by translating goals and ideals into effective visual communication by developing visual language, sketches, presentation decks, storyboards, style guides, animation, etc.
- Elevate studio’s digital process and execution of best practices by consistently researching new tools, technologies, innovations, and trends.
- Provide superior client service by carrying out thorough quality assurance (QA) testing and documentation for each project, finishing each project strong.
- Contribute to the collaborative nature of the studio by working directly with our Creative Directors, Designers, Developers and Project Manager
- Portfolio of relevant work.
- Passion for and interest in branding and typography.
- Extremely well-organized, responsible, and professional.
- Ability to manage to work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as the role requires presenting work, managing and setting client expectations, and keeping in touch daily with development partners.
- Proficient in Sketch, Figma, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficient in prototyping and animation tools like After Effects.
- Familiar with a range of web platforms, including WordPress, Shopify, Squarespace, and Webflow.
- Working understanding of how HTML/CSS works in implementing web and digital product designs.
- Willingness to collaborate, as well as provide and receive constructive feedback.
- Willingness to create content for studio social media accounts.
- Creative autonomy and project ownership
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- 401(k) match with immediate vest
HOW TO APPLY
Please email [email protected] with a cover letter describing why you feel you are a fit and portfolio and/or relevant work samples and social links. No phone calls, please.
Elixir Design is committed to racial equity and social justice, and to building a work environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Elixir does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected status as required by applicable law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.